This “Empowering Peacebuilder” (ER) Program is a six-session online series (via Zoom) that helps Rotary and Rotaract club members to enhance their Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution skills. Participants can then directly engage in Peace initiatives in their local community – and beyond. EP Program features Nonviolent Communication (NVC) & the Rotary 4-Way Test, as resources to enhance Rotarian Peacebuilder skills.
EP Program Alignment with Rotary:
Rotary International (RI):
Focus area of Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution.
Rotary Action Group for Peace (RAGFP):
Develop Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution resources
for Rotary and Rotaract Clubs worldwide.
Nonviolent Communication (NVC) & the Rotary 4-Way Test.
- To enhance Rotarian and Rotaractor, Peace & Conflict Prevention/Resolution Skills
- To form Rotary Peace Committees and receive distinction as Rotary Peacebuilder Club on RAGFP Global Peace Map.
- To form Rotaract Peace Committees and receive distinction Rotaract Peacebuilder Clubs on RAGFP Global Peace Map
- To engage Rotarians, and Rotaractors, directly in local Peace initiatives – and beyond
- To connect fellow Rotarian and Rotaract Peacebuilders – locally, regionally, and internationally
ERIP online sessions are scheduled weekly, during a 6-week period.
- Review an 8-part video module series, two at a time (estimated time: 15 – 20 minutes each)
- Participate in at least 2 of 6 “real-time” online sessions, hosted by a Certified Nonviolent Communication Trainer & Rotarian, to discuss each respective Peace Module Topic (see flyer) and apply the Peace skills in their daily lives.
Note: All 6 ERIP “real-time” sessions are recorded, and “edited” for review. Any participant, who cannot attend a “real-time” ERIP session, can review the recorded session on the ERIP Program, Private Facebook Page.
- Complete Peace skill-building exercises, in personal ERIP Program Handbook/Journal – and share reflections with fellow Peace participants, on the ERIP Program – Private Facebook Page
- Write a brief Case Example of a Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution issue, in which they used enhanced Peace skills, using Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and the Rotary 4-Way Test, to help resolve the conflict.
- Formulate a Personal “Peacebuilder Action Plan” – to directly engage in Peace initiatives, through their respective Rotary or Rotaract club – Peace Committees.
Note: ERIP Online Program participants, who successfully complete the ERIP Program online series, will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Rotarian Action Group for Peace (RAGFP).